Renewable Energy Project Manager (Co-op Position)
We are seeking a creative and hardworking individual to work with us to solve the climate crisis by prospecting, developing, and constructing new energy projects. This is a great opportunity to learn new skills and join a fast paced, rapidly growing, entrepreneurial environment.
- Using Google Maps, ArcGIS and other software to search selected areas in the United States and throughout the world for potential areas for expansion.
- Pitching new ideas, new concepts, and new geographic locations for development. All ideas will be evaluated.
- Researching landowners, local regulations, and electrical infrastructure related to expansion projects.
- Developing mapping to effectively communicate the project design, goals, and constraints
- Creating solar designs to estimate production using Helioscope or PVSyst
- Working with and coordinating engineering consultants to provide development
- Assisting with the execution of projects under construction
- Site visits to projects under construction
- Interest in renewable energy and climate change
- Creativity in problem solving and thinking out of the box
- Experience and interest in GIS Mapping systems and software
- Strong communications skills to communicate with team members working in remote locations and with consultants working on development projects
- Willingness to learn and be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously